Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

After I moved and plugged in my Lolor LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw printer it keeps on showing 'supply problem' for my all cartridges. These are all almost new cartridges that were working fine before the move. I checked the transportation box for any damage and did not detect any mishandling. Furthermore the printer was supported by thick Styrofoam from all sided in the box and it was packed it in such a way that all of the components were tightly in the box. I am not sure what to do and did not find a solution online. Also, I did not find any visible damage on the printer itself.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Somak1234,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

When your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw shows a "Supply Problem" error for all cartridges, and the cartridges are almost new and were working fine before, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

**1. Reinstall Cartridges

Turn Off the Printer:

• Power off the printer and unplug it from the electrical outlet.

Remove and Reinstall Cartridges:

• Open the front door of the printer to access the cartridges.
  • Carefully remove all the toner cartridges from their slots.
  • Inspect each cartridge for any visible damage or issues.
  • Reinstall each cartridge one at a time, ensuring they are seated properly.

Power On the Printer:

• Plug the printer back in and turn it on. Check if the error message is resolved.

**2. Inspect the Cartridges

• Check for Tape or Packaging: Ensure that no protective tape or packaging material remains on the cartridges.
  • Examine Cartridge Contacts: Verify that the contacts on both the cartridges and the printer are clean and free from toner or debris.

**3. Perform a Hard Reset

1. Power Cycle:
    • Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source.
    • Wait for about 1-2 minutes before plugging it back in.
    • Turn the printer back on and check if the error persists.

**4. Check for Firmware Updates

• Firmware Update: Ensure that the printer's firmware is up to date. You can check for updates through the printer’s control panel or the HP Support website.

**5. Inspect for Internal Issues

• Printer Internals: Open the printer and inspect the internal components for any obstructions or issues. Be cautious and refer to the printer’s manual for guidance on accessing internal parts.

**6. Clean the Printer

• Clean Cartridges and Contacts: Use a clean, dry cloth to gently clean the toner cartridge contacts and any visible internal components where toner residue might have accumulated.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for your quick and detailed response. I tried all the steps you mentioned, and it is still showing the same error. Also, the error showing up on the smart app gives the following message 'Toner memory appears to be missing.' Please suggest what I should do.

Best,

Somak1234

HP Recommended

Hi @Somak1234 

I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.