Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp ink tank wireless 415
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I'm experiencing printer alignment issues.

Here are some example image:

scan22103569.jpgscan22914624.jpg

This occurs when printing documents with images. Notice how it starts printing the image, stops ( leaving some blank space ) then re-print the image from the start again. This behavior pushes the rest of the contents down the page.

I tried using change page size to from Letter to A4, and also with various Printing Quality settings ( Better, Draft, Best )

From Hp Smart ( Windows 10 ) I followed the steps for Align Printer:

scan2211147.jpg

Placed the paper in scanner then pressed Copy button

scan224931.jpg

Tried printing out various test pages

scan22744149.jpgscan22826980.jpgscan221047402.jpg

Ran HP Printer Scan Doctor 5.3.1 diagnostics - everything showed up ok but was unable to print a test page at the end.

During my various tries to fix the printer it occasionally displayed the E2 error. I am using standard A4 paper.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ovx

Welcome to HP support community.

Align the printheads using the HP software

1. Open or search for the HP folder in your list of installed software applications, click the folder for your printer, and then click the name of your printer.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

2. On the HP Printer Assistant window, click Maintain Your Printer.

3. Click the Device Services tab, and then click Align Cartridges.

The printer prints an alignment page.

4. Lift the scanner lid.

5. Place the alignment page with the print side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass, and then close the scanner lid. Position it according to the guides around the scanner glass.

Printer alignment

6. Close the scanner lid.

7. On your computer, click Scan.

The printer aligns the printheads.

8. Recycle or discard the alignment page.

You can also refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.