Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4502 e-All-in-One Printer

it comes up to replace the cartridges and I just put two new ones in and still get this message

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @scooter693,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand there might be an issue with the cartridges or with how they're installed. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Check Cartridge Compatibility: Ensure that the cartridges you've installed are compatible with your HP Envy 4502 printer. Using incompatible cartridges can cause errors.
  • Reinstall Cartridges: Remove the cartridges from the printer and reinstall them. Make sure they are properly seated in their respective slots.
  • Clean Cartridge Contacts: Sometimes, the metal contacts on the cartridges or inside the printer can get dirty, causing connectivity issues. Gently wipe the contacts with a clean, lint-free cloth or cotton swab dampened with distilled water. Make sure they are dry before reinserting them into the printer.
  • Reset Printer: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, and wait for a few minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on. This can sometimes reset the printer and clear the error message.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your HP Envy 4502 printer. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues and improve printer performance. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Try Different Cartridges: If you have access to another set of cartridges, try installing them to see if the problem persists. This can help determine if the issue is with the cartridges themselves or with the printer.

Refer to this document:  HP ENVY 4502 e-All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.