Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5030

Hi all,

I have a new HP Envy printer to do a fair amount of home printing. I installed the instant ink cartridges today and they have already run out. I am mostly printing a5.

I have more printing to do tomorrow, but obviously the instant ink cartridges wont arrive...

if i buy additional cartridges am i going to be charged for the pages i print as part of instant ink?

Am i better of quitting the sign up and just buying ink in a regular way??

HELP!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is correct.  Instant Ink cartridges are unique and the printer will be able to discern regular from Instant Ink.  Remember all black and color cartridges must be changed.  If there is a Instant Ink cartridges in the printer, it will count towards your monthy pages.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If you replace all the cartridges with local store bought one, you will not be charged for Instant Ink pages. 

As far as 'Am i better of quitting the sign up and just buying ink in a regular way??"

Only you can answer that question once you evaluate your needs.

HP Recommended

so just to get it right, the printer will be able to tell that they are store bought cartridges and therefore wont add additional pages on to my charges?

I guess im thinking as i am currently mostly printing A5 and black / limited colour then the cost per page may be lower not on the plan...

HP Recommended

That is correct.  Instant Ink cartridges are unique and the printer will be able to discern regular from Instant Ink.  Remember all black and color cartridges must be changed.  If there is a Instant Ink cartridges in the printer, it will count towards your monthy pages.

HP Recommended

Thank you, you have been so helpful! Ive been searching the internet for an answer on this and couldnt find one anywhere!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.