Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3637
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hello 

I am hoping someone may be able to help! 

To be honest I am not impressed with the printer I purchased and  Instant Ink. 

I have previously used a HP printer with no issues what so ever, but the cartridges were really expensive so decided to buy a new printer with the Instant Ink facility. 

Firsty the printer does not do automatic duplex printing, secondly the printer will not work wirelessly if it does then its really intermitent and thirdly I have now run out of ink even though I am signed up for the instant ink. Apprently on my account page it states that a starter pack was sent on the 6th February  but have still not recieved. 

I have tried to send an email but cant seem to loacte one and also I work during the day and cannot contact them via the web or telephone? If someone is able to pass me an email, that would be muchly appreciated. 

Apologies for the rant but not impressed with HP. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @emmiegeorge,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're wondering why you have not received the "Welcome Kit' and that you have concerns about the printer. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I understand the frustration that you're experiencing. This printer does not have the hardware for being able to print two-sided automatically. It requires you to perform this task manually.

To improve the wireless and internet connectivity, please follow the steps below. 

• Before you get started in re-doing the printer setup, you'll want to have your printer's user guide open: 

Please print a wireless test report to get the printer's IP address. 

• To print the wireless network test report and network configuration page Press the Wireless button and the Information button (i) at the same time. Source

1. Once you have the printer's IPV4 IP address, open your internet browser and enter the IP address in the address bar. 
2. Go to the Network or Wireless tab across the top. 
3. On the left-hand side click on Network or Wireless. 
4. Click on Network address (IPV4 address) 
5. From here you can set a static IP address and add DNS settings. 
6. On the DNS settings, change it to Manual. 
7. For the Preferred DNS enter: 8.8.8.8 and Alternate DNS: 8.8.4.4 (without periods) 
8. Click Apply. 
9. Try turning the printer off and on again. 

Please send me a private message with your account number or email address and I will look into sending you more ink if needed. Also, confirm that the address on your account is correct. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 🙂  

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @emmiegeorge,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're wondering why you have not received the "Welcome Kit' and that you have concerns about the printer. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I understand the frustration that you're experiencing. This printer does not have the hardware for being able to print two-sided automatically. It requires you to perform this task manually.

To improve the wireless and internet connectivity, please follow the steps below. 

• Before you get started in re-doing the printer setup, you'll want to have your printer's user guide open: 

Please print a wireless test report to get the printer's IP address. 

• To print the wireless network test report and network configuration page Press the Wireless button and the Information button (i) at the same time. Source

1. Once you have the printer's IPV4 IP address, open your internet browser and enter the IP address in the address bar. 
2. Go to the Network or Wireless tab across the top. 
3. On the left-hand side click on Network or Wireless. 
4. Click on Network address (IPV4 address) 
5. From here you can set a static IP address and add DNS settings. 
6. On the DNS settings, change it to Manual. 
7. For the Preferred DNS enter: 8.8.8.8 and Alternate DNS: 8.8.4.4 (without periods) 
8. Click Apply. 
9. Try turning the printer off and on again. 

Please send me a private message with your account number or email address and I will look into sending you more ink if needed. Also, confirm that the address on your account is correct. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 🙂  

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thank you for responding so quickly, I will send a message to you with my email address on as I do require ink urgently. I have also checked my address and it is correct. 

I have tried to print the test page thing that you recommended however 4 pages have come out the printer blank?  is this correct?? 

Kind Regards 

Emma 

HP Recommended

Hello @emmiegeorge,

If the printer is completely out of ink the report will not print. If you have any ink left in the color cartridge please remove the black cartridge to use single-cartridge mode to print the report.

Please let me know. : )

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi 

I have managed to print a copy out however the IPv4 IP address will not load??? 

KR 

Emma 

HP Recommended

Hello @emmiegeorge,

Thanks for getting back to me. Smiley Happy 

Is the wireless light solid or blinking? If the wireless light is blinking you need to reconnect the printer to the network. Otherwise, follow the steps below.

What is the IPV4 address? Make sure that the computer and printer are in the same network (SSID). 

Try another internet browser or computer. 

I want you to reboot your devices in the order in which they're listed below. Wait for the devices to completely connect to the network before turning the next one on. 

1. Turn the printer, computer, and router off.

2. Turn the router, printer, and computer on. 

3. Try the IP address again.

Please let me know the results.Smiley Happy 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Hello
I was able to log on to the IP address and have managed to change the settings and it seems to be working ok, thank you for your time and patience.

Kind regards
Emma
HP Recommended

Hello @emmiegeorge,

Excellent! I'm glad to see that issue is resolved. 🙂 

Have a wonderful day! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.