Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

This is a continuation of an earlier post that was never answered.

Original Post:  ‎04-04-2020 08:34 PM

Had a carriage jam inspected found a loose part please help

Product: Hp Office Jet 7612

I have an HP OfficeJet 7612 turned it on carriage jam [error] came up so I inspected for anything in the way to keep the carriage from being able to move and found ... a flat plastic and when I googled the part number related itself to the head Something here is the part number please help me  cr769-40117 >ps-hi< h2

NEW INFORMATION

I have the same model and exact same issue - HP7612 s/n [personal info removed].  I kept getting "Print Head Unable to Move" messages and when I inspected, found a loose plastic "clip" about 3" X 1" just flopping around.  The response that HP provided to this alarming query when originally posted was: "if there is a loose part, it is a hardware issue" (direct quote).  Please thank the MIT grad that figured that puzzle out for us.  Now can someone with actual product knowledge please provide answers to the following:

1) WHAT IS THIS CLIP?

2) WHERE SHOULD IT BE CLIPPED-TO? (Diagram please)

Again, Part No. CR769-40117 >PSHI<H3 (previous inquiry was H2) from HP7612

Below is an image of the "Hardware Issue" found rattling around inside the HP7612.

the "hardware issue"... found insidethe "hardware issue"... found inside

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Does the printer work with this piece removed? The number on it is sadly meaningless as it is likely come type of casting number and not an actual part number.  I would need to have that exact printer in front of me to even venture a guess as to where that panel goes. The best I can do for you is to tag the moderators in the hopes that they can have someone at HP with this product in front of them work with you on it. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi, it's HP OfficeJet 7612 (as stated in the post).  The plastic piece appears to be part of the print head - but I can't say for sure.  PLEASE tag someone at HP that can offer more refined advice than "it's a hardware issue"...

HP Recommended

Already  tagged the moderators, I guess my post was not clear. I meant without physically having this model in front of me I cannot really discern. The question, does the printer function without this part remains unanswered.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

(Sorry - I read your post too quickly)

So far... yes, it does print, but ... I am using HP Carts and the alignment function now generates "unsuccessful" and I've run it 4 times.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.