Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Pro 6455 All-in-One Printer

Security Warning The printer "HP ENVY 6000 series [3D4E10]" appears to be a different printer than the previously used printer with the same name or the connection may not be trustworthy. If this is expected, tap "Continue".

That is the message my mobile devices give me when I try to print to this printer from them. They are Apple products. One is a iPad, the other is a 12 mini iPhone. This message has only appeared in the last few days. Prior to that, I've had no problems printint to this printer from my mobile devices.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @midwestjim,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

Was there any recent update happened on your Apple products?

It seems like your device is detecting a security warning related to your HP ENVY 6000 series printer. This warning can occur if the printer's network settings have changed or if there are multiple devices with the same name on the network.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

Confirm printer identity: Check the printer's control panel or settings to ensure that it is correctly identified as the HP ENVY 6000 series printer.

Restart printer: Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on to see if the warning disappears.

Reconnect to the network: On your printer's control panel, navigate to the wireless settings menu and reconnect to your wireless network. Ensure that the network settings match those of your other devices.

Update printer firmware: Check for any firmware updates for your printer model on the HP support website and follow the instructions to update the firmware. Firmware updates can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. Click here

Check network settings: Ensure that your printer is connected to the correct wireless network and that there are no conflicting devices with the same name on the network.

Ignore the warning: If you are certain that the printer is correctly identified and connected to the network, you can choose to ignore the warning and continue using the printer.

If the issue persists, there may be a network configuration issue. In this case, you may need to contact HP support for further assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.