cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HudsonSam
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My HP ENVY 4520 printer has suddenly started to print extremely slowly

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Hello Everyone,

My HP ENVY 4520 printer has been working like a dream since I purchased it a few years back. However, for the past week now the printer is suddenly printing extremely slowly (one page per HOUR).

I did all the steps as advised, resetting the printer, unplugging it and replugging it, checked that my firmware is updated, ensured all my preferences are correct, … I’m confused as to what is going on and would appreciate someone’s input. 

p.s. I saw a post regarding this same issue, but for whatever reason the answer to the post was sent as a private message and not made public.

please help.

thanks !

sam

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
28,006 27,850 1,521 1,616
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HudsonSam

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting slow printing issues, I am glad to assist you.

Did you make a copy and check if that prints fine?

Which application are you using to print?

Did you try to print from a different application and check if that prints fine?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation