Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My laserjet printer, HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225 DW prints multiple pages after each print job.  How do I stop this additional printing from occurring. The additional pages are mostly blank but for the same 4 lines at the top of each page that reads: 

Content length 186

Content Type: application/ ipp

Host: local host

4853 attributes charset utf 8Httributes natural language en eprinter urilipp:/

I've tried unplugging & replugging from back of machine, re-installing drivers, cancelling jobs in print queue and on printer key pad.  Generally prints 2-3 pages with the above message after each print job.  message also has symbols: 3 smiley faces, dashes and a club

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Ruth151 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your printer is printing out some kind of configuration or status page after each print job. This can be quite frustrating, but there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

• Firmware Update: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, HP releases firmware updates that address issues like this. You can usually find firmware updates on the HP support website for your specific printer model. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset the Printer: Try performing a factory reset on your printer. This will restore all settings to their default values, which might help eliminate any configuration issues causing the extra pages to print.
  • Check Printer Settings: Go into your printer's settings menu and look for any options related to status or configuration pages. Make sure these are disabled, as they may be causing the extra pages to print.
  • Check Print Driver Settings: Sometimes, the print driver settings on your computer can cause extra pages to be printed. Go into the printer properties on your computer and check for any settings related to status or configuration pages. Make sure these are disabled. HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225dn Software and Driver

Refer to this document:  HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225dn  User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.