Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3510

My printer does not lid my paper in properly. It begins to bring the paper down to print but gets hung up on the left side. I have tried the cleaning rollers, looking for paper jams, resetting , etc and nothing fixes it 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kristin11

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to copy?

Use automated utilities to clean the paper feed rollers and ink smears:

Residue on the paper feed rollers and ink smears can cause paper feed issues. Follow these steps to clean the paper feed rollers and ink smears from the printer control panel.

Step 1: Clean the paper feed rollers

Clean the paper feed rollers from the printer control panel.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

2. Remove any paper from the input tray.

3. Press the Down Arrow () to select Settings, and then press OK.

4. Press the Down Arrow () to select Tools, and then press OK.

5. Press the Down Arrow () to select Clean Paper Feed, and then press OK.

The printer makes noise cleaning the paper feed rollers for one minute. Wait until the printer is silent before you continue to the next step.

Step 2: Clean the ink smears

Clean the ink smears from the printer control panel.

1. Load paper in the input tray.

2. Press the Down Arrow () to select Settings, and then press OK.

3. Press the Down Arrow () to select Tools, and then press OK.

4. Press the Down Arrow () to select Clean Ink Smear, and then press OK.

The printer feeds one page slowly. Wait until the page is out of the printer before you continue to the next step.

Step 3: Print a Printer Status Report

Print a test page to determine if the issue is resolved.

Also, update the printer firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.