Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer

We are a small non-profit community orchestra. We need a part for discontinued printer HP PageWide P77740DN.  This $2,000 printer failed after we owned it for about 4.5 years.  The company under contract for servicing replaced the print head and gave us 5 new laser ink cartridges because we lost a lot of ink when the original print head failed.  But the machine does not work because there is still one part missing.

So, through this community, or HP Support, is there any way to replace the one small part that we need?  Since the printer has been discontinued by HP, the printer servicing contract cannot be honored by that company.  They have tried to source the part but couldn't find it. 

Does anyone else have this model and want to get rid of it?  We really like it as a printer for orchestra music.

Another possibility: can we get a drawing for that part and have it manufactured by a 3d print process?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

What part do you need? Most parts are still available if they were originally offered as HP committed to maintaining support for 5 years after the announcement.  Post a picture and a description and I might be able to assist.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I have not been able to get a part number or description from the service/repair company, but with the encouragement of knowing that someone like yourself might be able to help, I will try to get it with a phone call tomorrow.  

HP Recommended

I have talked to the tech support people at the business providing repair and servicing.  Here are the tech notes from the last call (January 25, 2023), after the print head had been replaced.  The only description of the damaged or missing part is "flex cable", although it looks like a "flex valve" may also be needed. 

Screen Shot 2024-03-12 at 1.26.59 PM.png

HP Recommended

I am surprised a ink spill would damage the cable, it might get ink on it but careful cleaning should have resolved the issue. I also notice the US pricing on parts is higher than in Canada.

HP does make a cable kit for this model but I am not sure that the separation cable is included. PN A7W93-67011

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I will check to see if it can be provided by HP here in the US (we are in southern California), but perhaps you could check on sources in Canada?  I really know very little about the engineering of this machine, but I think you are saying that we need a "separation cable" as well as or instead of a "flex cable."   Is that correct? 

HP Recommended

I will check to see if it can be provided by HP here in the US (we are in California), but perhaps you could check on sources in Canada?  I really know very little about the engineering of this machine, but I think you are saying that we need a "separation cable" as well as or instead of a "flex cable."   Is that correct? 

HP Recommended

same item, different name. I do not have a 77740 in shop at this time that I can look at the separation cable. Based on looking at another model of the A3 Pagewides I do not believe that cable comes in the kit quoted below.

The cable Kit HP I referred to is A7W93-67011, as stated I cannot guarantee the required cable is in that kit.

Part shows as in stock in Canada at this time.

HP Recommended

I tried a call to HP Support (US), which was handled by a service in India.  I just wanted to ask if I could buy that part, but the support guy only focused on the "out of warranty" status of the printer and said there was nothing he could do to help.  Couldn't even refer me to a parts department!  

HP Recommended

After many efforts to find a tech in Southern Calif  to help with this printer, I have given up on it.  However, I know that the print head is brand new, and I have about $500 or more worth of new ink cartridges (never used).  My engineer husband is trying to extract the print head in a way that makes it possible to reinstall in another printer.  The remainder of the printer will be sent to our local electronic waste recycler.

Please let me know where you are located in Canada and I will send the print head to you so you can continue to help out HP customers in need.

I will be traveling to Calgary in June, so I will probably ship to you from Calgary to save shipping expense.

Email is [personal information removed].

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.