Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Try to reset your router. Unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it back in. 

Have you ever been able to connect and print before?

Here is a list of ports that you can contact your router company about, and see if they are open. 

UDP: 5353, 67, 547, 53, 5355, 137, 138, 139, 427, 161, 514 3702, 445, 3910

TCP: 445, 80, 68, 8080, 443, 137, 138, 139,  427, 9100, 445, 515, 161, 9101, 9103, 9110, 9220, 9290, 9280, 9500

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

If installed Symentec Go to RUN---> Type      smc   -Stop    You are Done. Now u can Install it.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. My printer is an Officejet 4500 G510n-z and my operating system is Windows 8.1. Would a similar procedure work? I would appreciate your advice. I have followed all the possible solutions described on the HP website to no avail.

HP Recommended

This worked for my brand new MFP M377dw

HP Recommended

After days/weeks of struggeling, multiple reinstallations of windows and drivers, and trying all the solutions offered in the various forums I finally solved the problem for my printer:

printer: HP Envy 4500

- PROBLEM: after a windows 10 update the driver was not working anymore. I got a message like 'driver seems not to be installed...'.

- I installed the printer again. The printer was visible in the netwerk but during the installation it failed.

- tried installing windows again and again. Everytime printer was working untill windows updated.

- tried HP docter

- tried uninstall, emptying Temp folders, delete everything, making local admin accounts and all the other sugestions you can find on the forum.

- during one of the uninstalls I got the message 'couldn't remove prnhpcl1.inf'.  Tried to remove it manually: didnt work.

- installed windows again. installed all the possible updates before installing the printer. Installed the printer. Installation seemed to work!... but unfortunatelly when printing i got the same message again 'driver seems not to be installed'.

- I don't know why but then I navigated tot C:/WINDOWS/INF/prnhpcl1.inf and rightclicked the file and clicked 'install'.

- Printer working again! 8-P

Hope this works for others as well!!!

cheers,

Marijn

HP Recommended

After trying everything, this is the only thing that worked, thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.