Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9010

Hello,

I have an issue with all my Officejet Pro ( 7110, 7720, 7740,9010) with Windows 2022 Server. 

Can't find a driver fully compatible, i tried windows 11 drivers but dont' work correctly. 

When printing i have only larges black bands. 

Someone would have found a solution ??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Vincent0972,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering compatibility issues between your HP Officejet Pro printers and Windows Server 2022. Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:

Check HP Support: Visit the HP support website and check for the latest drivers specifically for Windows Server 2022. Sometimes, drivers for a newer operating system like Windows 11 won’t work properly on different systems such as a server OS.

Compatibility Mode: Try installing the drivers in compatibility mode. Right-click the driver setup file and choose Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab, check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for, and select a previous version of Windows that the drivers were designed for, like Windows 10.

Generic Drivers: If specific drivers for your printer models are not available, you might try using generic printer drivers that come with Windows Server 2022. You can add these through the Devices and Printers control panel by adding a new printer and selecting a generic driver option.

HP Universal Print Driver: If specific model drivers are failing, consider using the HP Universal Print Driver (UPD). This is a single driver that works across most HP printers and might resolve compatibility issues.

Check Server Settings and Updates: Ensure that Windows Server 2022 is fully updated, as updates can resolve many compatibility issues. Also, check the server settings related to printing to ensure nothing is configured incorrectly.

Testing Other Drivers: Sometimes, drivers from a different but similar printer model might work. This is not a guaranteed solution and should be used as a last resort due to potential instability.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.