Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office Jet 3830

Printer wont print out of the blue, it's as if the paper is too low or cartridges are too high now so nothing prints but it'll go through the motions.  Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bvedo64

In this case, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer if ink cartridges are already replaced. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Bvedo64, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

To assist you better, kindly elaborate on the issue.

Do you get any errors while trying to print?

Which device are you using to print?

How is the printer connected?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't get any errors, printer is connected wirelessly, and I'm using the Office Jet 3830. 

HP Recommended

@Bvedo64

Kindly elaborate on the issue.

Which device are you using to print?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So to explain the entire process.  On a desktop or laptop if you click "print" and send it to the printer it will accept the job, but wont put ink to paper.  The printer will act as if it's printing but either the ink cartridge is too high or paper is too low because there is no ink on paper. 

HP Recommended

On August 1, I attempted to print documents and every time I attempt to print from Word, I receive a printer error message "Error printing on HP04930B" Error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. I have turned off the printer and I am receiving the same message. I can print a test page from the printer but Microsoft and the printer are not communicating. 

HP Recommended

@Bvedo64

I understand the printer is printing blank pages. Let us try the steps mentioned in this document - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

Check the ink levels, clean the ink cartridges, and print a test page as shown.

Make sure you are using HP ink cartridges. Try making a standalone copy from the flatbed glass and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Those were the first things that I did before coming here to ask for help.  I'll try that again.

HP Recommended

@Bvedo64

Yes, kindly follow the steps and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

They didn't fix it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.