Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 9010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My JP Office Jet Pro 9010 keeps having error B305DFF9 with blinking lights.  I understand each printer has difference instructions to reset it, so please provide asap.  Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Mine started having the SAME issues this morning.  Before I just flat out unplugged it as it kept doing it - I did get into the web interface to check the firmware level and it is - MANHTNPP1N002.2128A.00.

When you download the firmware package from the support page, it is listed as MANHTNPP1N005.2113F.00 and when I tried to apply it is grayed out and you can't roll the firmware back.

I have not been able to figure out how to roll back to the prior firmware as of yet, but I assume a bug in the new auto-update firmware pushed down is causing the issues.

I am upset that an auto-update has essentially bricked my OfficeJet - HP better have a way of downgrading firmware for my new paperweight.

HP Recommended

Do a Google search of that firmware, and you will come up with 1 result from the HP Public FTP, and according to the Google cache, it first appeared @ "It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Jul 21, 2021 11:37:08 GMT".  This issue totally falls on HP and a bad firmware they pushed out.

HP Recommended

After doing a Factory Reset to Defaults - my printer has not crashed, but I have not assigned a static IP address back to the device.  I will do that after another hour or so of just seeing the printer stay on without throwing an error code to ensure that it is still working.

HP Recommended

A factory reset allowed the printer to say on for a few hours without issue, where before it was crashing pretty quickly after a power cycle.  I applied a static IP via wireless as I had before so we shall see.  The only other thing different right now is that I had a password applied to the device, and now I don't have one applied to the configuration settings.

HP Recommended

Factory reset worked to fix the issue.  I can report that since I have done the factory reset that it is NOT having any of these errors.

HP Recommended

I did a factory reset on my printer and that fixed it.

HP Recommended

I am having the same error message B305DFF9 over the past few weeks and cannot get it to stop and not print anything or do anything without unplugging my computer.

HP Recommended

Did you factory reset the device?

HP Recommended

Same issue here and am surprised HP has not come out with a fix. Instead we are having to resort to factory resets

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.