Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro x476dn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello:

I am looking for a solution to the problem where my x476dn drops into either of it's 2 sleep modes thereby making it unaccessible to all without someone first waking it up by touching the printers screen.

I have listed Windows 7 as my OS but I also use Windows Vista, 10, Server 2003, Server 2008 R2, plus Apple IOS 9.3.5 on iPad Pros and iPhones (5, 6, 6s+).

I run a flat IPv4 network (all the same subnet) of both wired and wireless devices. The ip addr for the printer is static and when awake all devices can access it and print. All devices including the printer have current software updates, patches, and drivers installed. On the Apple devices I have installed the HP recommended app HP AIO (All-in-One Remote) which works fine as long as the printer is not asleep.

I must find a way to disbable the sleep modes on this device and am hoping someone has accomplished this. Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please disregard the original qurestion. Since no replies were offered from either the user community or HP support I was forced to find my own way around this problem which still exists but as I said I can get around it. My solution kills 2 birds with one stone. The 1st is the HP going offline and the 2nd is Apple's requirement that printers be on the same wirless network. For me neither is a problem anymore and I wish you all Good Luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Please disregard the original qurestion. Since no replies were offered from either the user community or HP support I was forced to find my own way around this problem which still exists but as I said I can get around it. My solution kills 2 birds with one stone. The 1st is the HP going offline and the 2nd is Apple's requirement that printers be on the same wirless network. For me neither is a problem anymore and I wish you all Good Luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.