Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I've updated my Instant Ink profile, also paid, installed a new cartridge and the printer still shows a blinking orange attention light and wouldn't allow me to print and the internet is connected with no issues. The printer test page says "a problem has occurred and you will be unable to print except for printer reports until the issue is resolved. Check your H P account for more information."  Would someone be able to help? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Myolie,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've taken several steps to address the issue already, which is great. The blinking orange light on an HP printer typically indicates an error or issue that needs attention. Since you've updated your Instant Ink profile, installed a new cartridge, and ensured that the internet connection is stable, let's troubleshoot further:

• Restart the Printer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches. Turn off your printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  • Check for Firmware Updates: Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. You can usually find firmware updates on the HP support website. Updating the firmware might resolve compatibility issues or bugs causing the problem. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Check for Paper Jams: Even if the printer doesn't indicate a paper jam, it's worth checking inside the printer for any small pieces of paper or debris that might be causing a blockage.
  • Inspect Cartridge Installation: Make sure that the new cartridge is installed correctly. Open the printer cover and ensure that the cartridge is securely seated in its slot.
  • Reset the Printer: Sometimes, resetting the printer to its factory settings can resolve persistent issues. Look for the reset option in the printer's settings menu or consult the printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a reset.

Refer to this document:  HP LaserJet MFP M139w Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.