Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
PageWide Pro 577dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was printing and when looking at the printer display, noted a blue screen and error code B8BC2F92.

I was unable to find this code anywhere.

I unplugged the printer and restarted it.

The message is now gone but I'd like to know why it came up in the first place.

The printer is connected to my network via a wired connection.  

All wireless functions (eg direct printing, Airprint, etc) are all turned off as I don't need them.  

Anyone know where to find this code with cause and resolution?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well, by checking the error code B8BC2F92, the best troubleshoot step is to update the printer firmware. If issue is constantly coming back, there could be a hardware issue, so a good option is to take the printer to an authorized service center for inspection or check for warranty status. 

Regards,

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.