cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
LVGMT
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pagewide M577 Blue Screen Error Code 'B8BC2F92'

HP Recommended
PageWide Pro 577dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was printing and when looking at the printer display, noted a blue screen and error code B8BC2F92.

I was unable to find this code anywhere.

I unplugged the printer and restarted it.

The message is now gone but I'd like to know why it came up in the first place.

The printer is connected to my network via a wired connection.  

All wireless functions (eg direct printing, Airprint, etc) are all turned off as I don't need them.  

Anyone know where to find this code with cause and resolution?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Anderson_CR
Level 4
Level 4
112 112 3 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well, by checking the error code B8BC2F92, the best troubleshoot step is to update the printer firmware. If issue is constantly coming back, there could be a hardware issue, so a good option is to take the printer to an authorized service center for inspection or check for warranty status. 

Regards,

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation