Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Pagewide Pro 477dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help!  I continuously have missing or light black printing on my Pagewide Pro 477dw.  A sample is attached.  Notice the light black printing primarily in sections 9, 8, 6, and 2.

• The printer has a low print count.
  • I'm using genuine, non-expired cartridges.
  • I'm using multiple types of paper with the same result.Missing black printingMissing black printing
  • I've aligned the print heads.
  • I've peformed both Level 1 and Level 2 printhead cleaning, including with the special foam sheet.

Cleaning the printhead and performing an alignment WILL correct the problem for about a week only for it to return exactly the same a week later.  The printer is just out of warranty and I'm fit to be tied.  This is with multiple cartridges, paper, etc.  The printer is never turned off so it's not a shut-down improperly issue.

Any help would be appreciated!  Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I'm having the same exact problem. Also followed the same steps you did. If you figure out the fix, please post!

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem. Open area right down the middle, I have done all of the same things just as you have. It would be nice to have a resolution to this problemimage.jpg

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem too.

Doesn't seem like anyone is listening though?

HP Recommended

Has this been resolved?

I have the same issue now...

peter

HP Recommended

Did your issue get resolved?

I am having the exact same problem...

peter

HP Recommended

Same problem, page count <700. Lots of cleaning and foam pad used with no improovement. Not happy HP, was expecting a lot more for  business class printer, fed up.

HP Recommended

HP.  Stand behind your products. You should repair/replace these printers for your customers free from charge.

HP Recommended

Yes I have been getting the same problem for a while. Tried everything. Will not buy any more of their products.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.