Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I also have a HP 8600 and it only prints tiny in pone corner.  i have tried hard reset and still same issue.  i am trying to print from Safari too.  When will this issue be corrected?

HP Recommended
@Karinds - my printer is also a HP OfficeJet Pro 8600. I changed the network settings to only use IPv4 and restarted the printer a couple of times and that solved the issue
HP Recommended

@owenmj78 wrote:
@KARINDS - my printer is also a HP OfficeJet Pro 8600. I changed the network settings to only use IPv4 and restarted the printer a couple of times and that solved the issue

@owenmj78  how do I change to IPv4?  My printer is a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus. 

HP Recommended

We also have HP 8600 and with ipv6 turned off printing is now large enough to read - but - printing from some apps produces larger than A4 pages which now print on both sides of paper ( about20% to  30% larger) but can live withh that !

Strange how it has taken HP so long to pick up on what was reported on this and other forums and forum threads that are a few months old and that a simple fix appears to have been found by a NON HP source. Is this now a permanent fix which necessitates change of settings by all users with older p[rinters or are HP actually going to provide an update which will address the issue.

HP Recommended
Copied from Owens earlier post.

Find the IP address of the printer. If you have a display on your printer, select the wireless connection and the IP address should be displayed. You may also be able to print out a configuration report that should have the IP address.

On any browser (such as Explorer) type that IP address into the address bar. That should take you to the printer settings. (if you use safari on an iOS device it will warn you about certificates, just click through accepting them)

Once at the settings, select the Network tab, then general option, then network protocols. That should give you the option to that Select IP4 only.

Save and exit

Also shut down ur printer and restart.

U should be able to print.
HP Recommended
HP has not responded as yet.
This should be a temporary solution. The printer update should come. Although I have also logged this with Apple.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much I shall go and have a look at the settings on the screen.

HP Recommended

Have looked for paper size settings but cannot find anything when in the printers web page - only reference to paper size I can find is:

Note: To use the "Default Tray" and "Tray Lock" features, make sure the media source in the printer preferences on your computer is set to the automatic option when you print a document.

HP Recommended

@ captainshifty 

The problem is only happening to me when trying to print from ipad or iphone.  I have two printers set up on my wireless network and the other one is a Samsung mono laser and I have no issues with that printer at all.  Seems to be the HP one is the biggest problem for me.  If I use the desktop or laptop it prints fine. 

HP Recommended

I am still looking into this issue.

Switching to IPv4 seems to be a viable work around to this issue for now.

There are other known issues with IPv6 and AirPrint in iOS 11.  Disabling IPv6 works around those issues as well.

HP is working with Apple to better understand all the changes in iOS 11with AirPrint and the best way to resolve them.

As I find more information I will update here.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.