cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Print on cardstock, OfficeJet Pro 6968

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6968
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have just purchased the OfficJet Pro 6968.  I can't seem to find the paper type/weight settings.  I need to be able to print on cardstock and it will not do that now.  It looks like from what I see on the web that it is possible.  The manual does not address this.  Please advise. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,137 24,025 1,333 1,417
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@GBGBGB

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to select the cardstock option to print. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Click here and refer the card types mentioned under paper handling specifications to check if it is supported.

If it is supported, create custom size to print on cardstock.

Click here and refer the document to print on custom size.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is card stock printing on the HP OfficeJet pro 6978 allowed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 324 968
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation