Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Ink Tank Wireless 416
Other

IMG_2768.jpeg

My printer stays in this error mode, as soon as i connect the power cable it doesn’t work (like in the picture). I’ve tried to take out the power cable and wait, i’ve tried to reset it, holding the copy and wireless buttons, nothing seems to work.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @baziliothiago,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your printer is experiencing a persistent error that prevents it from initializing properly. Since standard troubleshooting steps like power cycling and holding specific buttons haven't resolved the issue, here are some additional steps you can try:

1. Perform a Hard Reset:

1. Turn Off the Printer: Disconnect the power cord from the printer while it is still on.
  2. Wait: Leave the printer unplugged for at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the Power Cord: Plug the power cord back into the printer and turn it on.

2. Re-seat the Ink Cartridges:

1. Turn Off the Printer: Disconnect the power cord from the printer.
  2. Open the Cartridge Access Door: Carefully remove each ink cartridge.
  3. Reinstall the Cartridges: Reinstall the ink cartridges one by one, ensuring they are properly seated.
  4. Close the Cartridge Access Door: Close the door and reconnect the power cord.

3. Check for Paper Jams:

2. Open All Access Panels: Open all access panels and remove any paper jams.
  3. Reconnect the Power Cord: Close all access panels and reconnect the power cord.

4. Use HP’s Built-in Diagnostic Tools:

1. Turn On the Printer: Ensure the printer is connected to power and turned on.
  2. Run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from the HP website. This tool can help diagnose and fix various printer issues.

5. Perform a Full Factory Reset (if accessible):

2. Press and Hold Buttons: Press and hold the "Power" button and the "Resume" button (or "Cancel" button) simultaneously.
  3. Reconnect the Power Cord: While still holding the buttons, plug the power cord back in.
  4. Release Buttons: Release the buttons once the printer starts up.

6. Check for Firmware Updates:

1. Visit HP Support Website: Go to the HP support website and search for your printer model.
  2. Download Firmware Update: If available, download and install the latest firmware update for your printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.