Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
envy 5530
macOS 10.14 Mojave

screen 2021-02-09 at 10.48.51 AM.png

 There is an older thread about his issue and I have tried everything there and more and still get this error 'filter' failed with the 5530 series software but not with the AirPrint driver. A week ago I was printing on the same system same printer with the HP driver and could access the advanced printer options that are not available in the AirPrint driver and getting very nice prints of both colour and black and white photos at max quality and print resolution with no colour cast in the b&w typically I let the printer do colour management and use Adobe 1998 colour space max dpi to 1200 and select an appropriate paper. This week with only AirPrint I'm back to a weed hint of magenta in the b&w prints with clearly less image quality. I have reset the Mac printing system re-installed all software including the Apple Driver package from Dec 2020 the firmware is up to date. Im running Mojave 10.14.6 but then I was last week as well. What gives?!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jkt13

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Installing the printer using Airprint is recommended, but you can use the HP Driver after uninstalling the Driver using the HP Easy Start

1. Go to 123.hp.com/setup, and then click Download.

2. After the software downloads, open HP Easy Start.

3. Click File, and then select Uninstall HP Software... from the menu.

Figure : Select Uninstall HP Software...

Select Uninstall HP Software...
  4. Read any warnings that display, and then click Continue.

5. When prompted, type your administrator user name and password.

6. HP Uninstaller removes all HP printer software previously installed.

7. If you are reinstalling the HP printer software, click Set Up New Device, and then follow the instructions to install the printer with HP EasyStart.

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02440673

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey KrazyToad thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately this did not resolve the issue for me. I can print with the AirPrint printer, when it holds wifi connectivity but not with the full HP driver and its additional printer controls which is mostly what I was using up until a couple of weeks ago when this error first cropped up. so far I have completely remove any HP support files, set the printer system (several times) and update the Apple HP printer drivers from Apple's support site and re-installed and reboot a number of times. I was finally get good photo proofs at max dpi and using Adobe 1998 color as that is the default for my photos allowing the printer to handle ColorSync. It was great while it lasted. I realize this is an old model and Im beginning to suspect the wifi is failing on it so a new printer may be necessary. My concern is this issue may carry over to the new printer as well 

HP Recommended

Please always update printer Firmware https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168. Is the issue related to printing PDF files via Adobe software. If yes please ensure to update the Adobe Software

Filtering failed message indicates that the routers has hardware address filtering enabled..

I suggest call the router provider or you can make these changes on your own if you are familiar with your routers Embedded web Server

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I will check on those settings but I’m getting the same error over a USB connection as well. Thoughts!

HP Recommended

👍

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.