Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4500
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My HP ENVY 4500 will only print half/partial pages. It will print the top perfectly, and then toward the end of the printing the page will stop right in the middle and the printer will indicate the job it done. I've tried printing from other devices like iPhones, restarting the printer and re-connecting to wireless, and a hard reset. It will not print the full page whether printing wirelessly or with the USB cord. I went looking on the HP website and it told me to just get a new printer. I'm just confused as to why everything seems to work right up until the last 2-3 seconds of printing and the page stops.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sandramercer

Welcome to the HP support community.

Did you make a copy and check if that prints fine?

Meanwhile:-

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report

1. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow  to scroll to Tools, and then press OK.

2. Press the Down Arrow  to scroll to Print Quality Report, and then press OK. The printer prints the test page.

Image: Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic report with no defects.

If that does not print fine, clean the ink cartridges

1. Load letter or A4, unused, plain white paper into the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow  to select Tools, and then press OK.

3. Press the Down Arrow  to select Clean Printhead, and then press OK. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a printhead test page.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:-  Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.