Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Worked for me too Thanks

HP Recommended

same problem for me........14 months old & have only printed about 150 sheets total!

HP Recommended

Same here.  Just started about 3 days ago.

HP Recommended

How do I correct this problem. Shows the code and ? flashing.

HP Recommended

My error code is OX886a69f6; Photosmart 2610; lights flashing, unable to get setup button to turn on; even tried factory default setup+3+6; and still no change; I've uninstall software, and reinstalled; still no resolution; this is a very nice printer and I would hate to trash it 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and powercycling only clears it up for maybe 30 minutes if I'm lucky. I ran the troubleshooter and it made repairs, updated drivers, etc. but I'm still having this issue. 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, tried to contact HP and all they said was my warranty was up so they were not willing to do anything to help me!!!   BS  I have used this printer maybe a dz times!!   So frustrated!!!!      HP is **bleep**!

HP Recommended

Perusing down the themes show it appears to be that there are a considerable lot of all having similar issues. Indeed re-cycling the force fixes the issue however just briefly for me, the mistake code returns 30 minutes after the fact and I need to go through a similar interaction once more.

Extremely disappointing as there is nothing in the manuals, online assistance or the visit that covers this error....I am contemplating whether the most recent firmware update is the reason?

HP Recommended

Like everyone else on this thread, I've reinstalled my OfficeJet 5255 software and still get the error.  I follow the process of unplugging the printer AND WiFi and restarting my system; this will get the printer back for 15-30 minutes.  I DID notice that I never get the error while printing, only when the printer has been idle for a time.  I've been running into this issue since the Spring and it hasn't gone away.

I'm about ready to get a new non-Hp printer.

HP Recommended

Same issues. Same fixes tried and employed. Powercycling resets the printer for a few minutes to allow you to print, but you have to do this EVERY TIME you print. That's an inconvenience not worth working around. HP has offered no help to their paying customers. If the product is no good, and the service is no good, I'll choose to spend elsewhere. 

The resolution is leaving HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.