Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have tried the troubleshooting steps outlined on the HP help site and they never work.  I have had printing issues with this printer for a year.  I finally called the company that services our printers at work and he suggested using a q tip with rubbing alcohol and cleaning off the copper contacts.  That resolved the print cartridge issue and the printer worked for about a month.  

Now the printer is offline with a print head issue.  I have been very dissapointed in this printer and HP customer service.  When I was able to talk to someone at support they couldn't fix the problem so he tried selling me an ink purchase  plan. 

I currently own a Lexmark printer that has been working successfully for over 7 years, and I paid less for it than the HP printer I'm trying to use.  I will definitely be looking for a new non-HP wireless printer and will not recommend this company to anyone.

HP Recommended

New ink cartridges would not have helped and the person you spoke with SHOULD have known that. Well, dependng on when you spoke to them they should have.

By the time I had the issue with my first printer of this model I found out that it was a well known issue with this partuclar model.

New ink cartridges do nothing to fix the issue as the issue is with the print head.

So far the second printer I bought of this model still works fine. When it does stop working I HOPE it will be after a few years of use (at least 3 years ideally) and not just over one year like the first one.

I had never had an issue with HP printers until I bought this model. The others served for a decent amount of time before I had to replace them. The sad part is that with the price of ink it is less expensive to buy a new printer than to replace the ink cartridges even when you think new ink will solve the problem. Of course, this is the case with any brand of printer.

What attracted me to this model was that it was JUST a printer. I have a scanner that still works fine and I can fax through my computer.

I hope that HP decides to fix these kind of issues in the future but, I may go with another brand when it is time for a new printer.

HP Recommended

I have found the perfect solution to this problem: We will NEVER buy another HP printer for our home or business needs again, nor will we ever recommend HP printers to anyone else.

We got 51 pages (6 B&W; 45 color; 2 pages double-sided) out of this printer before receiving the

"Printhead: Missing, Failed or Incompatible"

status message.

We are headed to Office Max to pickup an Epson WorkForce Pro WF-3730 for $119 as soon as I send this.

HP Recommended

@DarrDarr

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.