Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer

I can print in A4 size no problem but in A3, depending on software used, it prints in colour then jams or it prints in greyscale, or it prints with scored lines across it. Is it the software or the printer?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You need to visit hp.com and install the latest printer driver for that printer model. You are now printing with Microsoft drivers and they are causing you issues printing on A3

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I downloaded the latest software and I printed an A3 poster that had some colour and it printed perfectly. I then tried to print a full colour, vivid, poster and it started ok but then it started to get lines across it and at the last couple of inches from the end, it shredded the paper. Any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.