I unpacked the new printer today and setup as instructed. Prints fine to start with but when I return to the printer after a period of time to print something else the printer has put itself to sleep, no display on the printer and the power light flashing. No matter what I do, nothing will wake the printer. The only thing I have managed to do is to unplug the printer and add the printer again to the HP Smart software. Not really what I want to do each and every time I want to print something!
Troubleshooting has not helped one bit.
Is there a reason for this to happen or anyway to stop the printer from putting itself to sleep?
1) Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can print a Wireless Network Configuration Pagel to obtain the IP address.
2) Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
3) Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
4) Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
5) Click Manual IP
6) If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.
7) If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".