Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3835
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I bought a new printer, but I've got a problm with inks. I put them in the correct place, I didnt't slip up with their order and at this small screen on the printer shows that this inks don't fit to this printer. At the box, in which i bought them, is written that it should work and that they fit to my printer. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, that would be the problem.

Your printer model is HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3835

The purchased cartridges are compatible with the HP Officejet 3830 Series.

Those are different printers, a Deskjet Ink Advantage printer uses HP 652 cartridges only.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your ink cartridges number?

What ink cartridge number is listed on the label in your printer when you open the cartridge access door?

What country are you from?

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi! Thank you for your reply!

Ink cartridges number: 652

Ink cartridge number on the printer: 302

But as I said, on the box it is written that it fits to my printer, so do you think, that is the problem?

I'm from Poland.

HP Recommended

Yes, that would be the problem.

Your printer model is HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3835

The purchased cartridges are compatible with the HP Officejet 3830 Series.

Those are different printers, a Deskjet Ink Advantage printer uses HP 652 cartridges only.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Okay, thank you for help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.