Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7000 Wide Format Printer - E809a
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I have tried all the HP tips to fix my printer. I got it used and it won't print. First, the ink lights were on, so I got new ink. Then the resume and power buttons started blinking and nothing prints. I cleaned the carriage with alcohol because there was ink gunked in it. That did help the ink lights go off. I uninstalled and re-installed. Changed computers and these lights are still blinking. What am I missing?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Imtiredgrandpa,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Blinking lights on an HP printer can indicate various issues. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check for Paper Jams: Make sure there are no paper jams in the printer. Even a small piece of paper can cause issues.
  2. Check Cartridge Installation: Ensure that the ink cartridges are properly installed. Take them out and reseat them.
  3. Power Cycle: Turn off the printer, disconnect the power cord, and wait for a few minutes. Then, reconnect the power cord and turn the printer back on. This can sometimes reset the printer and resolve issues.
  4. Update Firmware/Drivers: Visit the HP website and make sure that you have the latest firmware and drivers installed for your printer model.
  5. Check for Updates on Your Computer: Ensure that your computer's operating system and any printing-related software are up to date.
  6. Connection Issues: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your computer. If you are using a USB connection, try a different USB port or cable. If it's a network printer, make sure the network connection is stable.
  7. Check for Hardware Issues: Inspect the printer for any visible damage or loose parts. Check if any sensors or gears are stuck.
  8. Perform a Hard Reset: This involves turning off the printer, unplugging it from the power source, and waiting for a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on.
  9. Run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility from the HP website. This tool can diagnose and resolve many common printing problems.
  10. Check for Error Messages: If there are any error messages displayed on the printer 
  11. Refer to this document Blinking Lights on the HP Officejet 7000 (E809a), 7000 Special Edition (E809b), and 7000 Advantage (...

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I am an HP Employee.

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.