Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp photo Envy 6220

Hi

I bought a hp photo Envy 6220 printer before the first lockdown march 2020. I have only just tried to set it up as my son is homeschooling and needed to print something out.

I unboxed it and left it for almost a year. So I don't have the set up cartridges. I bought hp 303 inks to try but it is still asking for setup cartridges. Can I buy these from somewhere?

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Pamela_26

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

@Pamela_26

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you! This solved the problem

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! I recently bought a Envy 7855 and it didn't come with any set-up cartridges. Customer Support sent me new ink, but it still has that SETUP error.

Please send me these bypass instructions!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Is it possible for you also to support me?

Thanks in advance,

Alp Aykol / Istanbul

my product: HP deskjet 2721

HP Recommended

same problem here. for the envry 6022

please send bypass!!

HP Recommended

@Bogaard, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@darkask0s, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To bypass the message on the printer the only option left is to perform an OOBE reset and re-initialize the printer.  

  

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.  

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.  

  

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar0307,

if I click on the mentioned link an error message occurs "The page you are trying to access was not found. Please check your URL for typos and try again. "

Maybe you can send the message again.

best regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.