Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi. I got the following message from you but there is nothing in my Inbox. Can you send the message to my Inbox?

Hi ASW123,

jabzi (Level 13) posted a new reply in Printing Errors or Lights & Stuck Print Jobs on 11-15-2020 11:37 AM

Subject: Re: Supply Problem Error

Hello,
Kindly check your INBOX [ click on the ENVELOPE icon on top-right corner of this page ] to access steps that should fix.
Let me know if it worked for you.

HP Recommended

My printer started an auto update of firmware. After the update completed it would no longer recognize the ink cartridges as having ink. "Supply problem" error message with "question marks" on all 4 cartridges. They are not empty!

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem after a firmware update started and after supply problem I receive the 79 service error Turn off Turn on. I was having no issues till this update and had fairly new toner cartridges in and have replaced them and still have both problems. HELP!

HP Recommended

Kindly check your inbox for more instructions.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Please email me the solution.  Why all the run around? Why not just post the solution for everyone to see?

HP Recommended

Was searching and found several comments that HP removed the link to downgrade firmware, which would have fixed the issue. I called HP and talked with a service rep, who told me my options were to (1) wait until another firmware upgrade was released in hopes it would fix the problem, or (2) have to pay HP support to get a supervisor involved to see if they would approve sending me the link to downgrade the firmware.

This is absolutely ridiculous - will never buy another HP product!

HP Recommended

This is most likely related to the recent firmware update.

Check this thread for the solution:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/HP-Color-Laser-jet-Pro-MFP-...

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, please send solution.

HP Recommended

Can you send me a private message as well as to how to fix this.  Printers are so expensive, as well as ink to just get rid of.  Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi 

I have the same problem.

Can you send me the same answer to troubleshoot?

BR,

PNCL

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.