Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am trying to print on both side (done manually with an HP LJ1300) with Windows 7 operating system (64 bit)

and the universal printer driver offered by HP.  It simply prints all the pages.  I have spent hours

trying to find a solution.

Is there one?

I would hate to have to buy a new printer and I certainly wouldn't buy HP again if there is no solution.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have a new officejet 6500. I set it up default setting fast draft and manually both sides but when there is only one page it insists on running the backside page. Any way  to turn this off?

mel

HP Recommended

@megenn wrote:

I have a new officejet 6500. I set it up default setting fast draft and manually both sides but when there is only one page it insists on running the backside page. Any way  to turn this off?

I do not know any way to turn this off.  You could define another instance of the printer on the same port and set it for non-duplex printing and select that printer when printing single pages.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Vista 64bit o/s

HP C3180 All-in One

Problem:

No active PRINT button. = cannot print any documents (IE8, Notepad, Wordpad etc.)

Driver used - AIO_CDA_Full_Non-Network_enu_NB   ** installed properly / correctly...no errors. **

Used HPPDU - says everything works fine...yet no print option (button is not active)

Default Printer green checkmark

USB PORT is correct.

tried uninstall / reinstall drivers...no sulution...PC is HP Compaq Presario was 32 bit...now 64 bit.

Worked fine previously...and now with 64 bit..

NO PRINT button (active)

I have tried every possible solution outside of smasing entire system. Printer included.

Had online HP Support Assistance...but after 40 minutes and issues with the text box chat .....I said **&^% it!

I realize Windows Vista sucks & all..but its all I have @ the moment.

Seems the driver for Windows Vista 64bit is where the problem begins.....(I went to 64 because my 32bit crashed & blue screen hell from a windows update restarted over & over on a loop with out completing)

So if one of your "EXPERTS" @ HP can get around to having a solution to this problem it is appreciated.

(Since I have already used about 36hrs. of my Life trying to resolve this in searches and reinstalls, etc.)

Anything that can fix this is MIRACULOUS and Certainly Appreciated

HP Recommended

Bob:

Just posted a problem w/ duplex. My 0ffice pro 8500 does fine duplexing a nice 2 sided postcard on any matte finish paper but not glossy stock. Evern after the ink drying time has been adjusted. The rollers on the duplex destroy the image that is printed first when it pulls it back through to print the back side when  glossy paper is used.  

HP Recommended

The printers I am familiar with do not support duplex printing of glossy media. Have you seelcted the proper paper type in the paper/quality tab?

If you are printing a photo on  one side and text on the other side I would suggest reversing the print order - print the text side first, then the photo side.  Photo printing uses more ink and there is more likelyhood of smearing when printing duplex if you have printed a full page photo.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob:

I have a HP LaserJet 1300 printer.  On my old Win XP system (32 bit), it was recognized as PCL6, and was manual duplex.  Now I have a new Win 7 64-bit system.  I downloaded the latest driver for my 1300 from the HP site: "HP Universal Printer Driver v5.0.3 for Windows x64 - PCL6".

Now, the manual duplexing does not work.  And in spite of the driver being named as PCL6, Win 7 now sees my printer as PCL5.

I went to the HP-provided page that details how to enable the duplexer, which you provide the link to.  In step 1, the Printer Properties>Device Settings section says the "Duplex Unit (for 2-Sided Printing)" is "Installed".  That must be incorrect, because on a manual-duplex system, there is nothing to "install," is there (I am not aware of installing anything or being told that something was already installed when I got the printer)?  In step 2, it says to open the Printing Preferences dialogue box and to click the "Features" tab.  I don't have a "Features" tab.  I click on the "Finishing" tab to get to the "Print on Both Sides" option.  I check the Print on Both Sides box.  But it prints as if I had not checked the box--on any multi-page document, it comes out one side per page, continuously, for however many pages in the document.

There is an HP Support Forum which deals with this LJ 1300 issue: Home>Printers and All-in-Ones>Printer, All-in-One Software and Drivers>Laserjet 1300 Driver for Windows 7 64 Bits.  The entries in that Forum (22 or so entries) tell the same story: for our 1300s, the duplexing is listed as "Installed," but manual duplexing does not work, and our 1300s are now recognized as PCL5, not PCL6.  (And I see that entry #66 below in this forum, and one or two other entries, concern the LJ 1300.)

Is there a solution for the HP LJ 1300s, or could HP fix its drivers to allow manual duplexing on the 1300s?

Thank you,

Steve Jolivette

HP Recommended

I'm using Windows XP and HP Laserjet 1320. When I use the "print on both sides" feature, the same page is printed on both sides of a sheet, i.e., for a 2-page document, the printer prints page 1 on both sides of a sheet and then page 2 on both sides of a second sheet. 

HP Recommended

Bob:

Model = Deskjet F335 All-In-One ; USB connection

OS = Win 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

This PC and printer have worked normally from Dec 2009 until about 10 days ago.  I have frequently used the manual 2-sided printing steps -- the one that prints one side, then displays a message window when it's time to re-insert the paper for printing the other side.  I definitely have done this successfully.

Now:  When the prompting message window appears, and I re-insert the paper, and press the command button to go, the printing proceeds normally, but the message window appears two more times -- a total of three times.

Thanks.

--
HP Recommended

I have a hpdeskjet 990cse printer it not working with my window vista

i need help on getting to work with my vista

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.