Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Printer

I recently changed my internet hardware and subsequently my internet account. Upon attempting to update the connection in my printer to wifi but I get the following message, "this feature is locked by the person who set up the printer." I have an office jet 9025. Please help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @YumaJones,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're dealing with a situation where administrative settings on your HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 series printer (which includes the 9025 model) are locked, preventing you from updating Wi-Fi settings. This lock is typically set to prevent unauthorized changes to the printer settings. Here’s how you can resolve this issue:

Step 1: Access Printer Control Panel

1. On the printer: Navigate to the printer’s control panel.
  2. Touchscreen Display: The lock message usually indicates that administrative settings are protected.

Step 2: Unlock Printer Settings

To unlock these settings, you will need the PIN or password set by the administrator who initially configured the printer. If you set up the printer and have forgotten the PIN, you can try the following:

Option 1: Default PIN/Password

1. Sometimes the default PIN is 12345678 or 00000000. Try entering this if you have not changed the PIN yourself.
  2. If the printer was set up by someone else or in a professional setting, you might need to contact the person or IT department who configured it.

Option 2: Reset Printer

If you cannot retrieve the PIN and need to reset the printer settings:

Turn off the printer.

Wait for about 10 seconds and then turn it back on.

On the printer control panel, go to the home screen.

Navigate to the Setup menu (gear icon).

Scroll to and select Printer Maintenance or Tools.

Look for an option like Restore Factory Defaults or Reset. Select it to reset all settings.

Confirm the action if prompted.

Note: This will erase all settings including network and printer preferences.

Step 3: Reconfigure Wi-Fi

After resetting, or if you manage to unlock the settings:

1. Navigate to the wireless settings on your printer.
  2. Select the Wireless Setup Wizard; this will search for available networks.
  3. Select your new Wi-Fi network and enter the password to connect.

Step 4: Test Printer

After connecting to the new Wi-Fi:

1. Try printing a test page or a network configuration page from the printer control panel to ensure it’s correctly connected to your network.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

17156413812608781521628943638653.jpg

 All the settings are grayed out. Everything that can be opened to change settings is grayed out. Unplugging and replugging in the printer didn't do anything. What next? By the way, I setup the printer and didn't locked any of the settings. This is crazy. It's just a home printer. 

HP Recommended

Hi @YumaJones ,

We are sorry that the issue is not resolved when the above troubleshooting steps were performed.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.