Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Deskjet GT 5820 all-in-one printer - purchased new less than a month ago.

New HP ink cartridges -  #51A Black and #50A tri-color

New Kent Premium Photo paper,High gloss finish.

I printed color photo and the only black ink does not dry. I am printing on the correct side of the paper (gloss side). The ink just comes right off onto my finger with the slightest touch, even after hours have passed.  I appreciate any suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Be sure to select Photo paper in the driver settings.  The pigmented black ink is not compatible with glossy photo media.  If you select photo media in the driver the black ink will not be used, it will mix color inks to create the black areas.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Be sure to select Photo paper in the driver settings.  The pigmented black ink is not compatible with glossy photo media.  If you select photo media in the driver the black ink will not be used, it will mix color inks to create the black areas.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Thanks
It's working after changing media
Appreciated for your time
HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

Apologized for being noob here.

How do you set or where I can get the driver setting to change the media type?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

@joever wrote:

Hi Bob, 

Apologized for being noob here.

How do you set or where I can get the driver setting to change the media type?

Thanks in advance

What operating system? In Windows there would be a Paper/Quality tab in the driver.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Hi

where can i find driver settings in the phone application . HP smart .

I have HP2675 inkjet printer?

@Rajjj wrote:

I have an HP Deskjet GT 5820 all-in-one printer - purchased new less than a month ago.

I printed color photo and the only black ink does not dry. I am printing on the correct side of the paper (gloss side). The ink just comes right off onto my finger with the slightest touch, even after hours have passed.  I appreciate any suggestions

@Rajjj wrote:

HP Recommended

@SP251 wrote:

Hi  where can i find driver settings in the phone application . HP smart .

I have HP2675 inkjet printer? 

I would suggest removing the black cartridge and setting it aside while printing photo's from your Android.  This will force the printer to use the color cartridge only. See page 58 of the user manual here.  I would suggest not leaving the black cartridge out of the printer for more than 30 minutes at a time.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.