Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2722 All-in-One Printer

I turn the power on but nothing else lights up and then I can't turn it off without unplugging it.  It was just working.  All of a sudden it was offline so I unplugged it.  When I turned it back on only the power light would turn on.  The display box is off and are all the button lights.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Falicity ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your HP DeskJet 2722 printer is experiencing issues with powering on properly after being unplugged. 

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Check Power Connection: Make sure the power cord is securely plugged into both the printer and a working power outlet. Sometimes, loose connections can cause power issues.
  • Power Cycle: Unplug the power cord from the printer and wait for about 30 seconds. Then, plug it back in and try turning the printer on again. This can sometimes reset the printer and resolve temporary issues.
  • Inspect for Damage: Check the power cord and the printer itself for any signs of damage, such as frayed wires or burnt components. If you notice any damage, you may need to replace the power cord.
  • Reset Printer: Some printers have a reset button or sequence that can help reset the internal electronics. Consult your printer's manual or support documentation to see if there's a specific reset procedure for your model.
  • Update Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Sometimes, updating the firmware can fix bugs or issues that may be causing the problem. Update the firmware on an HP printer

Refer to this document:  HP DeskJet 2722 All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.