Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
envy 5546
macOS 10.12 Sierra

having problems with my printer when it goes to sleep. if i turn it on and use it before it goes to sleep there is no problem. but soon as it has entered sleep mode my mac thinks its off, even if i have woken the printer up. so i have to turn off the printer then turn it back on again for it to be recognised. 

not sure if this is a factor in it but when i installed the drivers and things using hp123 once installed and clicked continue the hp123 wouldnt do aything else it just loads and dont get any next screen or succesfully installed but have hp utily and scan installed 

any help would be great as not sure if its printer or mac issue

tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @tonyrans, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that your printer loses connection when it is in idle mode.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Resetting power to the printer forces the printer to reset stored values in the firmware. A power reset can help when the printer is not accepting communication from the Mac.
Make sure the printer is idle, not making any sounds, before continuing.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
Try printing again and note what happens.

Refer this article to troubleshoot printer not responding issues.

If the issue still persists please update the printer software and printer firmware and check if it helps.

Please update the printer software using this link.

Also, update the printer firmware using this link.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @tonyrans, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that your printer loses connection when it is in idle mode.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Resetting power to the printer forces the printer to reset stored values in the firmware. A power reset can help when the printer is not accepting communication from the Mac.
Make sure the printer is idle, not making any sounds, before continuing.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
Try printing again and note what happens.

Refer this article to troubleshoot printer not responding issues.

If the issue still persists please update the printer software and printer firmware and check if it helps.

Please update the printer software using this link.

Also, update the printer firmware using this link.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

MrRobot thanks very much just doing the power lead has worked now when it goes into idle mode and i press print it prints. thanks very much 

HP Recommended

Hi! @tonyrans, You're welcome and thanks for your response,

I am glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.