Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Laser jet pro MFP M283fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed non HP toners which has led to error message 'supply problem' . surely I can use 3rd party toners  on this printer

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@D-ret5

Welcome to the HP support community.

HP printers are designed to work with original HP ink and toner cartridges.

Refer this HP doument for more information:- Click here

However, clean the electric contacts on the toner cartridge

1. Open the toner cartridge access door.

2. Remove the toner cartridge from its slot.

3. Use a lint-free cloth to wipe the toner cartridge contact (E-label) on the top left of the toner cartridge.

NOTE: 

Coffee filters work well.

Figure : E-label on a toner cartridge

Toner cartridge contact (E-label)
  4. Insert the toner cartridge into its slot, and then close the toner cartridge access door.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several other.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.