cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

how to sign in on the office jet pro 8740? got no password of anything in instructions

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 All-in-One Printer
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I am trying to do the software update and I need a password and user name I don't have or know where to even look can someone help, please.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,471 14,464 957 1,138
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@free2saute, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which software are you trying to update?

Kindly send us a picture where it asks for the username and password in your next post for better assistance.

Have you tried using your MAC username and password?

If you are trying to update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried my password from login from mac not working?Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 5.00.55 PM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,774 5,745 347 385
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please type your Apple ID and password.

Let me know!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No that didn't work why would my apple sign in work with this doesn't make sense?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,774 5,745 347 385
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Let's try a printer resetting the printer-

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset, and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Making sure that it's not a permission issue, that's why we tried apple id and password

keep me posted!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, the Apple ID and password didn't work I did the reset and looked to see if it would ask to create a username and password and no it didn't so I am still stuck on the issue I have all these other options locked and I won't have access to them if I don't log in there is not a reset option or forgot password.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 8.45.49 AM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone have an idea or is this issue just an oh well situation?............😤

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation