Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

No matter what I photo size I enter, printer is only printing very small photos.  This has just recently occurred and was printing just fine. At my wits end. Please advise 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@patchman1 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

Which software / application are you using to print?

Is this your "HP 4650" printer?

HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I am sorry but I don't understand what that is. I just hit Ctrl p and then a menu popped up with my options for size and color and whether I want to print two sided or not. It doesn't matter if I hit the 5 by 7 or 4 by 7 or what size I request it just keeps printing out I small photos. This happened to me a long time ago when trying to print out coupons and although I was able to resolve that problem, I cannot figure out how to reset this nor can I remember how I resolved the coupon issue.

HP Recommended

@patchman1 

@patchman1 wrote:

I am sorry but I don't understand what that is. I just hit Ctrl p and then a menu popped up with my options for size and color and whether I want to print two sided or not. It doesn't matter if I hit the 5 by 7 or 4 by 7 or what size I request it just keeps printing out I small photos. This happened to me a long time ago when trying to print out coupons and although I was able to resolve that problem, I cannot figure out how to reset this nor can I remember how I resolved the coupon issue.

Different Printers require different print software to support all the features available to that printer.

For example, if HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer series is correct, your printer software would support features for that printer:  paper types and sizes, whether or not the printer supports duplex, borderless, and other features.

For example, Printer Software for this printer includes the Full Feature Software (full driver program) which provides the foundation and structure for using the printer with programs / software / applications in Windows.

An application or software used to print - examples:

• Browser (Edge, Firefox)
  • HP Smart for Windows application
  • Any photo editing / printing program
  • Paint (Windows program / software)
  • Office programs - Word

Basic Printing

Using Cntrl-P severely limits the print options to those selected by the previous settings, shortcuts, default preferred settings.

I don't use this method to print - I don't like trusting the limitations to get what I want.

I cannot guess what you did to fix it last time.

I can provide you some places to find guidance and how-to information.

For those reading - Cntrl P to Print

Ctrl P Control-P to Print 

How to Print Photos:

HP Printers - How to Print Photos (Windows)

How to Print Documents:

HP Printers - Printing Documents (Windows)

How to change / adjust the settings:

HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

Good Luck.

Stay Safe.

Assuming the printer is correct, find more information in

Category How-to > Topic Print > Subtopic Instructions & Settings

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Product Home

Enter the type and name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.