Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp Officejet 6500 E709a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an hp 6500 Officejet E709a, ethernet wired not wireless.  

Suddenly it stopped working. with error message "ink system failure Please turn printer off and on".  

Did this twice and still same result.  

Cleaned contacts on print head and printer as instructed in hp note.  Still same result.  "ink system failue"

Did hard reset of printer by unplugging and plugging power back in.  Still same result. "ink system failure".  

Tried not inserting any cartdriges (only empty printhead then). Still same result. "ink system failure". 

What can I do now?

thanks

marco

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

New printhead or new printer whatever is cheaper for you.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

but how can I be 100% sure that printhead is the problem?

If so, I would keep my printer, it is great, but I'm not sure to sort out the issue with the printhead...

Is there a way to be sure of that?

thanks

HP Recommended

No, only one way and it's to replace it with a 100% working printhead.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

thank you Valsimot, don't know what to do then...

if I buy the printhead I could spend 30 euros more for nothing...

struggling...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.