Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Z4B04A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day , i have a problem with my ink tank 310, after long time of normal work, i start print 1 list of image, when half work was end, some colors on paper was missing. Printer show tri-color cartridge problem, i check printer and found, air in Continuous ink system (air in tubes from container with paints), i not have idea how it appeared there. But my question in other,
can i re-pump ink or some other without disassembling printer? In first time launch of printer system pump inks, how i can reset system of printer to default ?

best regards, sorry for my english.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@odseg

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, your printer shows tri-color cartridge problem, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?/

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Here are a few steps you could try:

To clean printhead contacts: 

CAUTION:

● Open the printhead latch and clean printhead contacts only when necessary; for example, if a printhead cannot be detected. The instructions here are only applicable in this section. If printheads have been primed with ink, do not open the printhead latch unless installing new printheads or moving the printer outside your home or office.

● The cleaning procedure should take only a few minutes. Make sure that the printheads are reinstalled in the printer as soon as possible. It is not recommended to leave the printheads outside of the printer longer than 30 minutes. This could result in damage to the printhead.

1. Check that power is on.

2. Close the output tray extender, and then rotate the output tray clockwise to stow it in the printer.

3. Open the front door of the printer.

4. Open the printhead access door. Press and hold the Black Copy button for about three seconds, until the print carriage starts moving.

CAUTION: The instructions here are only applicable in this section. If printheads have been primed with ink, do not open the printhead latch unless installing new printheads or moving the printer outside your home or office.

5. Push down to open the printhead latch.

6. Remove the printhead indicated in the error message.

7. Clean the printhead contacts and printer contacts.

a. Hold the printhead by its sides with the bottom pointing up and locate the electrical contacts on the printhead. The electrical contacts are the small gold-colored dots on the printhead.

b. Wipe only the contacts with a dry swab or lint-free cloth

CAUTION: Be careful to wipe only the contacts, and do not smear any of the ink or other debris elsewhere on the printhead.

c. On the inside of the printer, locate the contacts for the printhead. The printer contacts are the set of gold-colored bumps positioned to meet the contacts on the printhead.

d. Use a dry swab or lint-free cloth to wipe the contacts

8. Reinstall the printhead.

9. Firmly close the printhead latch. Make sure the printhead latch is properly closed to avoid problems such as carriage jams.

10. Close the printhead access door, and then close the front door.

11. Check if the error message has gone away. If you still receive the error message, turn the printer off, and then on.

Similar steps are mentioned in the User Guide of your printer (Page number 61, 62 and 63): Click here

To align the printheads (cartridges) (Windows)

1. Load letter or A4 unused plain white paper into the input tray.

2. Open the printer software. 

3. In the printer software, click Print & Scan and then click Maintain Your Printer to access the printer toolbox.

The printer toolbox appears.

4. Click Align Cartridges on the Device Services tab. The printer prints an alignment page.

5. Follow the onscreen instructions to load the printhead alignment page print side down on the scanner glass, and then click Scan to scan the alignment page. The printer aligns the printheads.

Recycle or discard the printhead alignment sheet.

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Sorry, but simple cleaning contacts not work for me.

i think it problem happened because in ink tubes was air and need re-pump ink.

P81001-093315.jpg

may be you can say how reset printer in factory default state, pre-sold state?

--

sorry for my english again

HP Recommended

@odseg

Thanks for responding,

I'm sending out a Private message, 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

HP Recommended

I have same problem, how to solve my problem?

i think i need to re-pump ink. 

how to reset printer in factory default state

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.