Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
M603
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my printer m603 stuck at 2/8 booting up, I did partial clear, format disk drive and reload firmware without luck 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Did you do a Clean Disk and reload? Or only a partial clean?

The following explains what happens at the different stages:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03571876

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

How do you do a full clean? Thanks

HP Recommended

At the point where you find Partial Clean there should also be a Clean Disk option.

Clean Disk would be a Full Clean of the Drive.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

I did that and reloaded firmware afterward no luck.  Can you do a factory reset in this stage? Thanks

HP Recommended

If you have done a format disk option and reinstalled the firmware and partially start up then in my experience you have either a failing disk or possibly some failed hardware. In the preboot menu there is a diagnostics option that allows you to test the  hardware. I would run that next.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.