Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6055 All-In-One Printer

when I go to print on my printer the number 0 and the paper icon light up, I have researched this code and it said wrong size paper or printer cartridge, I have checked both and they are fine. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @mich65,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP ENVY 6055 printer is indicating an issue with the paper size or the cartridge. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot this.

• Check Paper Size Settings: Make sure the paper size settings in your printer driver or control panel match the paper size loaded in the tray. Sometimes, even a slight mismatch can trigger this error.
  • Reload Paper: Remove the paper from the tray, check for any damage or bends, and then reload it properly. Ensure that the paper guides are adjusted snugly against the edges of the paper stack to prevent misfeeds.
  • Verify Cartridges: Remove the cartridges and inspect them for any protective tape that might still be attached. Ensure they are properly seated and securely installed.
  • Restart the Printer: Power off your printer, wait for about 30 seconds, and then power it back on. This can sometimes clear out temporary errors.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Sometimes, updating the firmware can resolve bugs or issues causing incorrect error messages.
  • Reset Printer: If the issue persists, try performing a reset on your printer. Each printer model might have a specific method to reset it, usually accessible through the printer's menu or settings.

By going through these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with the "0 and paper icon" error on your HP ENVY 6055 printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.