Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet f380
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have been on windows 10 for over 6 months everything was ok until 2 days ago

now my printer has just started saying printer offline when is not .

i can scan pictures ok but i can`t print i am connected via usb cable laptop to printer 

and talk talk wi fi  to lap top

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i have  downloaded the program and it has cleared the problem

thankyou for your help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum. Can you try the following:

Please Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

i have  downloaded the program and it has cleared the problem

thankyou for your help

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Is there a ulitily for iMac?  The one posted is only for Windows machines.

HP Recommended

Hi @Eric66

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Unfortunately, the HP Print and Scan Doctor is only available on WIndows.

You can try this troubleshooting guide though :

Here's some wireless troubleshooting steps ;

Solve wireless problems
1. Make sure the printer is not connected to the network through an Ethernet cable
Wireless does not work if the printer is connected to the network through an Ethernet cable. Disconnect the
Ethernet cable from the printer.
1. Make sure the wireless light is turned on
If the blue light on the printer control panel is not lit, wireless might be turned off. To turn on wireless, touch
or swipe down the tab at the top of a screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch (Wireless), touch
(Settings). Touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless to turn it on.
If the blue wireless light is blinking, it means the printer is not connected to a network. Use the Wireless Setup
Wizard available from the printer control panel to make a wireless connection. Touch or swipe down the tab at
the top of a screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch (Wireless), touch (Settings). Touch Wireless
Settings, touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
1. Make sure the computer or the mobile device is connected to the wireless network
Make sure your computer or mobile device is connected to your wireless network. If you cannot connect the
computer to the network, contact the person who set up your network or the router manufacturer; there might
be a hardware issue with the router or computer.
1. Restart components of the wireless network
Turn off the router and the printer, and then turn them back on in this order: router first and then printer.
Sometimes, turning off devices and then turning them back on helps resolve network communication issues.
If you still cannot connect, turn off the router, the printer, and the computer, and then turn them back on in this
order: router first, then printer, and then computer

Still have problems? Visit the HP Wireless Printing Center (www.hp.com/go/wirelessprinting). This website
contains the most complete, up-to-date information about wireless printing, as well as information to help you
prepare your wireless network; solve problems when connecting the printer to the wireless network; and resolve
security software issues.
Note: If you are using a computer running Windows, you can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, which can help
solve many problems you might have with the printer. To download this tool, visit www.hp.com/go/tools.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

yes this did solve my problem  thankyou for your prompt attention

keith metcalf

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

windows 10 recent encryption problem solved ,printer and scanner working well .then suddenly computer say printer is offline 

tried all the web suggestions with no result.the printer is connected to computer by wi fi.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.