Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Example: HP Envy 5055
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello!

HP Envy 5055 inkjet printer 

macOS 10.14 Mojave

I've had my printer a few months and love the instant ink program! Ran into a really weird problem today. Everything prints fine EXCEPT for PDFs that have lots of graphics. I am able to print PDFs with text only just fine. I can print JPEGS with tons of graphics just fine. I did try using Acrobat DC but the margins were all over the place and not consistent so I absolutely do not want to go that route. Some PDF pages printed okay although the margins were not even. For example, one page printed with the margins on the top and bottom being much wider than on the sides. Then another page would print with a one-inch margin only on the right and cut off the left part of the page! So no go with printing from Acrobat. So I rebooted my Envy printer and tried the regular route again. It printed one page of the page with the heavy graphics...but refused to do it again after that. UGH! What happens is for the pages with the heavy graphics, it will go through and come out blank while the pages with less intense graphics come out fine. What is happening? I would appreciate any help! Thanks!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just in case anyone is following this thread, I have figured out what the issue was. After rebooting my computer last night, I tried printing my four-page PDF again on my Envy printer and still the same issue with two of the pages coming out blank. So I tried it again on my old laser jet (which printed all the pages albeit slowly last night)...well the same two problem pages turned out in a solid cyan color!! Whoa. So I realized that those two pages were the problem, not my printers. (BUT so weird that it would print through Adobe Acrobat and sometimes on both printers.) FINALLY I figured out that those two pages were originally PNGs before being converted into PDFs and the two pages that did fine were originally JPEGs. I converted the PNGs into JPEGs before converting into a new PDF, and voila, it worked!!!! So my BIG lesson I learned is to use JPEGs before converting into PDFs. I am greatly relieved as I will be selling PDF downloads and I want my customers to be able to use them! Hope this helps someone out there also wanting to create PDFs! Happy summer you all!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

To follow up with my question:

I gave another try with printing through Adobe Acrobat DC and this time checked the print as image box...everything prints BUT the margins are so messed up and not even consistent from page to page within this one PDF. So checking this box, unfortunately didn't seem to make a difference. And for the life of me I cannot figure out how to STOP it from printing on both sides of the page.

My fiancee hooked up my ancient HP LaserJet Pro 200 color M251nw and ALL the PDF pages printed and looks great! BUT it is sooooooooooo slow!!!!! It would take about 15 minutes (no exaggeration!) to print each page. (always the case with medium to heavy graphics whether it's a PDF or not which is why I got a new printer) But, weirdly, I can print up recipes and things like that very quickly on this old printer.

So back to my newer HP Envy 5055...what settings do I need to use for it to print all of the pages within a PDF? In case it matters, the PDF is four pages long and 5.5 MB. So it's not like it is huge or anything like that.

HP Recommended

Just in case anyone is following this thread, I have figured out what the issue was. After rebooting my computer last night, I tried printing my four-page PDF again on my Envy printer and still the same issue with two of the pages coming out blank. So I tried it again on my old laser jet (which printed all the pages albeit slowly last night)...well the same two problem pages turned out in a solid cyan color!! Whoa. So I realized that those two pages were the problem, not my printers. (BUT so weird that it would print through Adobe Acrobat and sometimes on both printers.) FINALLY I figured out that those two pages were originally PNGs before being converted into PDFs and the two pages that did fine were originally JPEGs. I converted the PNGs into JPEGs before converting into a new PDF, and voila, it worked!!!! So my BIG lesson I learned is to use JPEGs before converting into PDFs. I am greatly relieved as I will be selling PDF downloads and I want my customers to be able to use them! Hope this helps someone out there also wanting to create PDFs! Happy summer you all!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.