Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Avery label 5361
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I am trying to print on Avery labels 5361, which is a label that is self-laminating, so is matte on one side and glossy on the other, designed on the Avery website and exported as a PDF. The PDF prints perfectly on plain paper but will not print properly on the label paper. I have tried every paper setting available in the printer settings: brochure matte and brochure glossy. In both cases there is some text bunched up on the top label, not aligned properly, and nothing on the second and third labels. I am sure it is printing at actual size/100% and I have the updated drivers. It seems to be an issue with the settings and not the PDF, since that prints fine otherwise, so I am wondering if our printer is capable of printing these. The labels are listed as suitable for inkjet or laser. I tried contacting Avery support and they were totally useless.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @rebeccaedwards,

A warm welcome to HP Community!

Which application are you using to print the PDF file, is it Preview or Adobe?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've tried printing from both. 

HP Recommended

@rebeccaedwards

Could you try printing the PDF file as an image and check if it print's. Instructions on how to print a PDF file as an image using Adobe Acrobat can be found here

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am out of town and won't be able to try this until later next week. I am confused about why this would be a solution, though. The document prints fine when it is not on the label paper. Why would this make a difference in printing this on the labels?

HP Recommended

@rebeccaedwards

Printing the PDF file as an image should bypass all the processing done by the application by sending a simple image. If in case it's an application processing error then, printing the PDF file as an image could work.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That didn't work either, it still bunched everything up in the top right corner. I think I will give up on this one and return the labels and ask my local printer to make me some type of ID cards.

HP Recommended

@rebeccaedwards

It's unfortunate that we couldn't resolve the issue and you have to return the label. Since the issue occur only while printing on this particular media, it's possible that the printer may not support this particular media. 

If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.