Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4650 All in One
macOS 10.15 Catalina

When opening the scanner on my HP 4650, got a series of pop up warning that this software was from an unknown source and will damage the computer.  Followed HP's fix (downloaded and ran uninstaller, looked up the right driver and installed it).  Those steps all sent smoothly.  I can print but get the same warning messages when I try to open the scanner, and scanner tries to open but can not showing "Failed to Open a Connection to the device  -21345).

Redid the HP fix steps but this time rebooted after running the uninstaller, rebooted after re-installing the printer), but get same message and unable to scan.

Ideas????

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall HP Software.

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you Shlomi for the link to the software install (it was different than what I got from the HP website when I entered my model).

Yet, throughout the set up process, I got many warnings that this software "will damage my computer", which I just clicked through by hitting OK.  In the end, the test of the printer was successful, but not the scanner.  Its been 20 minutes and it is still trying to connect with scanner

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 8.36.16 AM.png

Ideas???

with gratitude,

Steve

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.