My printer has an error from the side light being on. I've checked HP Smart and it says the paper tray is open, and the paper tray is open/empty. I've made sure multiple times that the tray was shut, opening it and reducing paper, taking paper out fully, and making sure that its tightly shut, and it's still got the error and it won't print.
I've unplugged the printer whilst it was turned on to reset it, leaving it off for 60 seconds. Still not working. It seems to load up with no error, then once loaded up, it makes a beeping chime then the light comes on and does nothing else.
I'm not sure what else to do, as I've checked Google and nothing else is coming up. I've done HP Print and Scan Doctor, still nothing.
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
I've done this. It boots up and shows an orange light for the cartridge access door being open. This is then overidden by the orange light on the side of the paper tray. The printer makes a weird noise when the rollers are spinning.
Either way, I contacted Support via phone and they couldn't help me either so they've sent me to the HP Store to get a replacement, as that's where I ordered it from.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".